To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Bananas and honey are two very popular foods consumed around the world. They are both incredibly healthy for us, and when the two are combined and consumed together, it can enhance many of these great health benefits, promoting our overall health. Even better, this combination tastes great and is very easy to make in your own home. Bananas and honey offer great nutrients for our bodies and have long been used for their medicinal properties. Lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits eating honey and bananas regularly can provides.
1. First, eating honey and bananas will supply our body with a tremendous amount of health promoting antioxidants. In fact, this combination is an antioxidant powerhouse. Studies have shown that eating raw honey consistently can help to raise the levels of antioxidants in our body. They are loaded with powerful and potent antioxidants known as polyphenols which can reduce the risk of a number of different health ailments. Raw honey also contains a health promoting antioxidant known as pinocembrin, a power flavonoid. Bananas also contain powerful dietary antioxidants. They are loaded with catechins, which can help with the elimination of free radicals in the body it prevent damage caused by them and disease.
2. This mixture can also support heart health and promote the overall health of our heart a number of different ways. Honey has many different benefits for our heart. Raw honey can help to lower blood pressure due to the amazing antioxidants previously mentioned. Studies have also found that it can help improve cholesterol levels by reducing both total cholesterol and “bad” LDL cholesterol, which also increasing “good” HDL cholesterol by a significant amount. If that wasn’t enough, honey can also help to lower triglycerides in the body and reduce plaque build-up in the arteries. Bananas are also a great choice for supporting heart health. They are an amazing source of the mineral potassium, which is essential for heart health. Bananas can also help control blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and contain heart health magnesium.
3. Eating honey and bananas can also provide benefits for those individuals with diabetes or those at risk of developing the disease. Raw honey is a known diabetes aid. Consuming raw honey can help to reduce the risk of developing diabetes. This is because studies have found that it causes less of an elevation of plasma glucose levels. Also, raw honey may decrease hyperglycaemia. Mixing raw honey with cinnamon has been found to be especially beneficial in this regard. Bananas may also be able to improve insulin sensitivity. This is because bananas, specifically unripe varieties, are a great source of resistant starch, which may help improve insulin sensitivity when consumed consistently.
4. This combination is also a great source of natural energy, and can be consumed for a natural energy boost. This is because raw honey contains natural sugars, many different minerals, vitamins and nutrients, as well as water. When consumed, it is an easily absorbed energy supply in the form of liver glycogen. This makes it especially beneficial before or after workouts or as a mid-day energy boost. Bananas are also great for instant energy. They contain a good amount of carbohydrates and important vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin B6. The potassium in bananas may also be able to help fuel you during workouts and prevent muscle cramps.
5. Lastly, when consumed in moderation, eating honey and bananas can help with proper weight management and even weight loss. Studies have found raw honey to be beneficial for weight loss since it can help to manage blood sugar levels as well as lower serum triglycerides. Also, honey can help to suppress appetite and prevent sugar cravings during the day. Bananas actually have weight loss promoting abilities as well. They are incredibly nutritious and can help you to feel more full. This is due to their good levels of fibre and resistant starch, which also helps to reduce appetite.
When consuming honey and bananas, be sure not to overeat them. One medium-sized banana and a tablespoon of raw honey can go a long way in promoting your overall health.
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.